If you live on this planet,
give Antarctica a chance!
This place is like the planet’s climate control center, and its waters are like a free buffet for fish from all over the world. It is also the only continent on Earth dedicated to peace and science. But here’s the scoop: Antarctica is in trouble. The ice is melting, the waters are warming, temperatures are rising and there’s too much fishing. Antarctica and all its cold species need our support more than ever.
Who we are
We are young people with an Antarctic vocation with the mission to contribute to global conservation efforts to protect Antarctica and the southern oceans, from a Latin American perspective.
Our mission is to promote awareness and action among young people in Latin America and around the world regarding Antarctica and the challenges associated with climate change, marine biodiversity, ocean conservation and sustainable management.
Our vision is to establish a global platform of reference for young people passionate about Antarctica, creating a virtual community where they can share experiences, knowledge and meaningful relationships. Our goal is to empower youth, helping them to become committed leaders in the preservation of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans.
Promote awareness among young people about the effects of climate change on Antarctica and the southern oceans.
- Education and Resources: Provide access to Antarctic experts and educational resources, including a virtual library and collaboration with organizations, schools and universities.
- Inspiration and Leadership: Inspire future leaders in Antarctic research and conservation by providing opportunities for active participation in virtual and face-to-face projects and activities.
Pillars of the platform
- We explore the effects of climate change, such as heat waves, flooding, ice melt and biodiversity loss, and how they impact Antarctica and the southern oceans.
- We investigate the connection between these two crucial ecosystems and how their preservation is interconnected. We provide educational resources and learning opportunities for schools and universities in Latin America.
- We promote ocean conservation, including the High Treaty 30×30 initiative, and the preservation of the southern oceans.
- We address plastic pollution in Antarctica and the southern oceans, and other aspects of human activity that affect these environments.
- We foster the exchange of knowledge and experiences among young people passionate about Antarctica, promoting sustainable governance and policy.
- We organize live events, talks and activities with experts on Antarctica and climate change.
Discover our work
Who are we?
Non-profit organization (2012) that promotes policies towards Antarctic conservation from a Latin American perspective.
Where do we come from?
Coeditor junto con ASOC de Asuntos Antárticos (9 años), lobby gubernamental , actividades educativas y trabajo en el impacto ambiental.
To be the key environmental organization in Latin America promoting the conservation of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans.
What we do
Policy advocacy, political lobbying, stakeholder engagement, civil society awareness and education.
In our commitment to promote the conservation of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans, we have a distinguished group of Partner Organizations and Advisors who contribute their experience and knowledge.
Together, we have the power to influence the future of Antarctica and all of humanity. “The creation of marine protected areas is very important because the first thing it does is to protect the overall biodiversity of a place (…). By removing the stress effect caused by fishing from these areas, it allows the ecosystem, thanks to its natural resilience, to cope with the impact of climate change.”
Dr. Rodolfo Werner
Senior Advisor, ASOC